A Regulatory State of Exception

Home Forums Vaccines in View A Regulatory State of Exception

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rebecca_Irons
    Keymaster

Please place your comments about Andrew Lakoff’s presentation ‘A Regulatory State of Exception’ below in the forum

Be kind and courteous

We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.

No hate speech or bullying

Make sure that everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things such as race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated.

#3689 Reply
    Anjum Mandani

There are some workplaces in the US (Long term care facilities in particular) that have made vaccination a requirement for employment – what are your thoughts on how making vaccination a requirement might interact with the already existing skepticism around the bureaucracy and the science of the development of the covid19 vaccine?

#3690 Reply
    Craig A Gordon

I can see both sides of this debate, unfortunately and come in on the side of mandatory vaccinations. The reason for my thinking is that vulnerable populations should be protected from exposure to disease. Long term care facilities here in Canada have had extremely high levels of fatalities. It is simply a responsible act to have employees of these facilities vaccinate. I would make the same argument for teachers. They deal with large number of different people all day long. Schools strike me as super spreader events waiting to be unleashed.

How does this feature into people’s distrust? Unfortunately there are people who simply will not accept science and what could be termed “best practices”. Too bad. I think at the point we are at, it is hard for anyone to rationally suggest the pandemic is a hoax, vaccines are responsible for autism, Bill Gates is injecting us with teaching devices or any other conspiracy mambo jumbo. The right to live, the right to be free of disease – or as as fully protected as reasonably possible – takes precedence over another’s right to be ignorant of the facts, the right to spread harm or the right to deny others of their health.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: A Regulatory State of Exception
Your information: